The health care environment is complex, requiring leadership that is comprehensive and collaborative in the field. It is essential for leaders to be well-versed in a range of areas (practice, research, education) as a means of effective engagement with inter-professional communities. Effective leaders have heightened awareness of self and individual leadership styles, leading to professional growth, career advancement, and the ability to develop leaders for the future across the fields of practice (nursing, health administration, public health).
Your final assignment in your first course will bring together all the aspects of leadership that you have examined and discussed over the last nine weeks, as you analyze your own leadership qualities to create a portrait of the effective health care professional and leader you aspire to be.
Remember, in graduate work, the use of directly quoted material should be limited as it is your understanding, interpretation, and application of the literature combined with your experience that is important.
Note: Because this assignment requires you to develop a self-assessment, you may write using first-person voice. However, it is important for your development as a practitioner-scholar to recognize that writing in the first person is not usually acceptable in academic papers, which are written in the third person. Consequently, you should always carefully consider departing from this norm. If you have any questions about academic writing style, please contact your courseroom instructor, or post a question in the Ask Your Teaching Assistant area of the NHS Learner Success Lab.
Write the first draft of your Personal Leadership Portrait (u09a1) based on the following scenario:
Your paper should address the following:
1. Analyze your leadership strengths and weaknesses.
2. Explain how one’s specific leadership characteristics enable oneself to guide, educate and influence others in managing change in interprofessional collaborative relationships.
3. Explain how your leadership characteristics will serve to help you build and maintain collaborative relationships across, and within, disciplines.
4. Explain how you can best apply the principles of ethical leadership, given your leadership style.
5. Explain why diversity and inclusion are important to employee relations and the provision of safe, high-quality health care.
6. Explain how your leadership characteristics prepare you to develop and lead a diverse team of employees and serve a diverse community within an ethical framework.
7. Explain how the academic and research skills you develop as a practitioner-scholar can serve you in your role as an effective health care leader.
Analyze your leadership strengths and weaknesses. was first posted on July 18, 2019 at 6:29 am.
©2019 “nursingassignment.org”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org