Pharmacological Treatments – Custom Nursing HelpSeptember 9, 2021
activity 75 3September 9, 2021
Assignment: Apples to Apples: Major Elements of Cultural Patterns
People are surrounded by multiple cultures in family units, organizations, communities, and nations. Although complex in nature, cultures share similar characteristics that can be identified and evaluated. You may have heard the saying apples to apples when referring to a process of comparing similar items. The categories of orientation explained in your text give you an “apples to apples” framework that can be used to compare similar characteristics of different cultures.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review your Discussion posts from Week 1 about how your beliefs, values, and norms are derived from your culture.
- Review the major elements of cultural patterns in Chapter 4 of your course text:
- Activity orientation
- Social relations orientation
- World orientation
- Time orientation
- Use the Cultural Patterns Continuum document to analyze your orientations and those of your national culture for each of the five orientation categories.
- Review the optional Walden Writing Center resource on effective PowerPoint presentations.
Submit a 10- slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Compare your preferences in each dimension to those of your culture.
- For the places where you marked yourself differently from your culture, explain what you believe accounts for these differences.
- Explain why cultural patterns are effective for thinking about people from other cultures and understanding cultural differences.
- Predict how knowledge of cultural patterns can be applied to interaction with people from a culture you select.
There are several resources this week but the most important one, as usual, is our textbook. Chapters 4 and 5 this week, please.
Your discussion will deal with a cultural taxonomy you will choose from chapter 5 of the textbook. You have MANY to pick from but I must be able to see whose taxonomy you chose (author) and which one you focused on, and, of course, how it helps us understand cultural differences with EXAMPLES to support your position.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"