Write 800-1,000 words answering the following questions based on the week’s reading.
1. What are the two types of moral knowledge for Xunzi. Give your own examples of each.
2. Why think that moral knowledge requires personal experience for Xunzi. Do you agree? Why it why not?
3. Xunzi says moral expertise is like electrical wiring. I can try to intuit it or figure it out on my own, but Ill do a bad job. Do you agree about moral expertise?
4. Xunzi holds that most people will not become moral experts, and that we must live our lives trusting the moral views of a handful of sages. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
5. Most people in the US today do not think our political leaders are moral experts. Instead, we see them as corrupt and in need of oversight so that they dont abuse their power. Give an argument for this view that Xunzi would understand.
6. For Xunzi, why should we trust that someone with political power is a moral expert?
7. What living person do you consider to be a moral expert today? Do they fit Xunzis requirements?