submit the spreadsheet with the completed calculations.July 10, 2019
On what kind of Web site does the information appear?July 10, 2019
Answer all of the following questions/problems and submit them to your mentor in a Word document.
You should use a financial calculator and Excel to solve the problems.
Remember: You must export your table(s) from Excel to Word before submitting your work.
- Discuss the importance of financial statements and how they are used by businesses.
- What is the basic format of the income statement and what is the relevance of the basic categories?
- Cash flows for an organization come from operating activities and investment activities. Discuss the importance of each to the organization.
- The Happy Auto Shop has the following annual information:
What are the shop’s returns and allowances and cost of goods sold?
- Construct a statement of financial position (balance sheet) for the Humperdink family using the following information:
|student loan balance||$6,000|
|stocks and bonds||$2,600|
|automobile loan balance||$12,000|
|401K retirement account||$15,000|
|furniture, clothing, jewelry||$8,000|
|credit card balance||$4,000|
|mortgage loan balance||$99,000|
- What is the purpose of financial statement analysis? How do the three types of financial statement analysis differ from each other and when is each used?
- Samantha Knight is applying for a small-business loan. She provides the bank with the following information:
|cash in checking accounts||$5,000|
|cash in savings||$10,350|
|home market value||$145,500|
|first mortgage on house||$25,000|
|home equity loan limit||$70,000|
|home equity loan||$10,000|
|automobile market value||$19,000|
|automobile loan outstanding||$15,000|
|credit card debt||$1,500|
- Calculate the debt-to-asset ratio.
- Calculate the debt-to-equity ratio.
- What percentage of Samantha’s assets is owned by others?
- Given the profit loss (income statement) and balance sheet for Sam’s Sandwich Delivery (Table 4-8, page 121 of your textbook), answer the following:
- Calculate the following ratios: current, quick, accounts receivable turnover, fixed asset turnover.
- Using the inventory figure on the balance sheet as average inventory, calculate the inventory turnover ratio.
- Calculate the debt-to-equity ratio, debt-to-total asset ratio, and operating profit margin ratio.
- Perform a vertical analysis of the income statement.
- Perform a vertical analysis of the balance sheet.
- Based on your analysis, would you consider investing in Sam’s Sandwich Delivery?
Discuss the importance of financial statements and how they are used by businesses. was first posted on July 10, 2019 at 10:00 am.
©2019 "nursingassignmenttutor.com". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"