10 – 12 pages, simple words, the first 5-6 pages talk about the subject the next 5-6 pages answer 2 qustions Basic Terminology: Be able to incorporate as many of of the following basic political economic terms as possible into each one essay of choice from the second category. Class lecture notes may be used for defining the listed terms as well as the Thomas Oatley textual readings.** Do be certain to incorporate other useful data from lectures notes, the Oatley text, and various suggested scholarly IPE books and articles as well.**
David Ricardo, “Comparative Advantage,” “The Iron Law of Wages,” and “Theory of Rents.”
Anne-Robert Turgot and Jean-Baptiste Say
Charles Fourier and Count Sainte-Simon
William Stanley Jevons and Leon Walras
Historical Economics and the Marshallian School
East Asian Model of Developement
Export Oriented Strategy
Structural Adjustment Programme
Efficiency Oriented Investment
Foreign Direct Investment
Market Oriented Investment
Natural Resource Investment
Export Processing Zone
Multilateral Agreement on Investment
Obsolescing Bargain Performance Requirement
Trade Related Investment Measures
United Nations on Permanent Sovereignty over Natural Resources
Balance of Payments and Balance of Payments Adjustment
Bretton Woods System
Exchange Rate System and Exchange Restrictions
Fixed Exchange Rate System and Fixed but Adjustable Exchange Rate System
Floating Exchange Rate System
Foreign Exchange Market
Foreign Exchange Reserves
European Monetary System
International Investment Position
Louvre Accord, Monetary Accord, and Plaza Accord
II. Essay Topics: Answer any two of the following essays with each response tallying 5-8 pages. (50 POINTS EACH).
1. Who was David Ricardo? Illustrate and explain his economic theories? Were they accurate? Might they be useful in the present?
2. In what ways did the French Enlightenment era help create the study of modern economics? Illustrate and explain all key figures
and their philosophies. Are they influences found still in the modern
global economy? If so, in which ways?
3. Who was Jean Baptiste Say? Why is he important in IPE? Explain.
4. Who were Charles Fourier and Count Saint-Simon? What economic philosophies did they create? Are their views prevalent, still?
5. Who was Karl Marx? What was his economic philosophy? How and why has his economic philosophy been so widespread as well as controversial? Explain.
6. What is Import Substitution Industrialisation? What are its’s problems? Explain.
7. What is the East Asian Model? Should the West imitate it? What are its’s strength and weaknesses?
8. What kind of economic reform is occuring in China? Is it both good and bad for China as well as the global economy?
9. What are the global community’s criticisms about the WTO’s treatment of developing countries? Are their complaints valid?
10. What are Multinational Corporations? Explain their evolution by illustrating examples of the first to evolve slowly thousands of years ago as well as the first global businesses to appear in the modern age. How are these kinds of businesses influencing the modern world economy in a positive or negative way? Should MNC’s be regulated by the international community. Defend your point.
11. What is the International Monetary System? What are its’ problems? How can payments imbalances become remedied?
12. What is the Bretton Woods System? Who created it, when, and why? Is it still used in the present? What were its’ strengths and weaknesses?
13. What International Monetary System conflicts have occured since the 1970’s? Have the international powers involved solved these problems?
14. How has the European Union cooperated in global currency exchange rates? Have they been better team players than America?
15. Why are some people as well as nations richer than others? Oatley source to be used as a source.
16. What can financial markets indicate about becoming wealthy very quickly. Oatley source to be referenced as well.
17. What does economics indicate about politics and vice versa? What are special interest groups?(Oatley data necessary).
18. What indicators are necessary to determine a successful and thriving economy? What factors cause economies to surpass others yet eventually decline? Does a powerful economy always indicate
a prosperous society for most everyone?(Oatley data to be used
19. What is the Federal Reserve? Is it a force of good, bad or both? (Oatley material to be consluted as well).
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post exam essay 2 appeared first on My Nursing Experts.