Go to ―your store‖ and evaluate the store layout, design, and visual merchandising techniques employed. Explain
your answers to the following questions:
1. In general, is the store layout, design and visual merchandising techniques used consistent with the
exterior of the store and location?
2. Is the store’s ambiance consistent with the merchandise presented and the customer’s expectations?
3. Does the store look like it needs to be redesigned? Do you think it needs a face lift, update, remodel or
4. To what extent is the store’s layout, design, and merchandising techniques flexible?
5. Notice the lighting. Does it do a good job in highlighting merchandise, structuring space, capturing a
mood, and downplaying unwanted features?
6. Are the fixtures consistent with the merchandise and the overall ambiance of the store? Are they flexible?
7. Evaluate the store’s signage. Do they do an effective job in selling merchandise?
8. Has the retailer used any theatrical effects to help sell merchandise?
9. Does the store layout help draw people through the store?
10. Evaluate the retailer’s use of empty space.
11. Has the retailer taken advantage of the opportunity to sell merchandise in feature areas?
12. Does the store make creative use of wall space?
13. What type of layout does the store use? Is it appropriate for the type of store? Would another type layout be
14. Ask the store manager how the profitability of space is evaluated; for example, profit per square foot. Is
there a better approach?
15. Ask the store manager how space is assigned to merchandise. Critically evaluate the answer.
16. Ask the store manager if plan-o-grams are used. If so, try to determine what factors are considered when
putting together a plan-o-gram.
17. Has the retailer employed any techniques for achieving greater space productivity such as using the ―cube‖,
down-sizing gondolas and racks, and minimizing non-selling space?
18. Are departments in the most appropriate locations? Would you move any departments?
19. What method(s) has the retailer used for organizing merchandise? Is this the ―best‖ way? Suggest
. WITH nursing writers TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Go to ―your store and evaluate the store layout, design, and visual merchandising techniques employed appeared first on nursing writers .
The post Go to ―your store and evaluate the store layout, design, and visual merchandising techniques employed appeared first on nursing writers.