Using the Word Template and other instructional materials attached to this Assignment, prepare and submit a Case Brief of the U.S. Supreme Court opinion in Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 138 S.Ct. 1718 (2018).
This is a specific type of writing assignment. This case also relates to your Week 3 Forum Discussion. This Case Brief Assignment is graded separate!y and in addition to the forum.
For this writing Assignment, you are to prepare and submit a Case Brief of Masterpiece Cakeshop. A Case Brief provides a summary and analysis (the “brief”) of the key points in a court opinion (the “case”). In our Week 3 Forum, you are asked to consider questions based on the Masterpiece Cakeshop case.
A copy of the court opinion – the case – is attached here. Also attached here is a document entitled, “How to Brief a Case,” which details the components of the Case Brief. Use this for guidance. Next, attached is a “Word Template” which you are to download to set up the written format for the Case Brief.
L Download and read the attachment “How to Brief a Case.”
2. Download and read the attached U.S. Supreme Court opinion of Masterpiece Cakeshop. This is the case you are briefing.
3. Download, save, and open the attached “Word Template” in Word on your computer. Use it to complete your Case Brief of the Masterpiece Cakeshop opinion. The template is formatted for you in Word. The case citation you are to use in your Case Brief is: Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 138 S.Ct. 1718 (2018).
4. Write this Assignment in your own words! Do not copy and paste blocks from the court opinion or Internet study sources.
5. How to name your document in Word: Use your last name and the Assignment name in the saved document name of your paper in Word. Example: JonesWk2Brief.docx
6. Submit your final document as an attachment to this Assignment.
7. Your paper will go through Turnltln automatically on submission.
The post GU Wk 3 Masterpiece Cakeshop & the Colorado Anti Discrimination Act Case Study appeared first on Coursework Geeks.