Describe a patient safety issue within your organization.November 8, 2019
Review information found on the following website related to hospital compareNovember 8, 2019
“Intrusions in Asia; Opera and Society and a Dilemma” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Describe two (2) examples of how either black slaves or white abolitionists used literature or the visual arts as a form of protest against slavery. Compare this to a modern example of art used for social protest.
- Describe the key motives involved in the increased presence of Westerners in India, China, and Japan in the 1700s and 1800s. Identify the key factors that led to Britain’s successful imposition of its presence and trade policies on China, despite communications like those from Emperor Ch’ien-lung (i.e., Qianlong) and Commissioner Lin Zexu (i.e., Lin Tse-hsu). Argue for or against the British policies regarding China in the 1800s, using analogies from our own modern times.
- Read, listen to, and watch the sources for the opera composers at the Websites below and in this week’s Music Folder. Describe the major influences that Verdi, Wagner, or Puccini exerted upon opera in terms of making it more innovative, realistic, and even controversial. Next, consider Wagner and this dilemma: Wagner’s brilliance is clear because his works remain some of the most popular and admired productions in our own time. Yet, he was a blatantly antisemitic and held notions of racial purity, traits that have stained his artistic legacy. (This was compounded by the later celebration of Wagner’s music by Hitler and the Nazis). New York Times writer Anthony Tommasini wrote of Wagner in 2005: “How did such sublime music come from such a warped man? Maybe art really does have the power to ferret out the best in us.” So, consider the issue of whether we should or can separate the artist from the art, whether we can appreciate the art but reject the artist. Or whether we should reject both the person and his or her art. Identify one (1) modern musician or artist where this dilemma arises.
American Dilemma–Slavery – The Art & Literature of Protest
- Chapter 29 (pp. 962-976); slavery, literature, and art
- Haven’s article on Goodman’s scholarship on art protesting slavery before the Civil War at
- Art and Slavery article at
Intrusions in Asia
- The Opium Wars and Foreign Encroachment:
- Opium Wars with visuals at
- Key documents from China at and
Opera and Society
- Chapter 30 (pp. 999-1004), Wagner and Verdi; (pp. 1133-1134), Puccini; review the Week 5 “Music Folder”
- Huizenga article and audio selections at
- Wagner video of a stage production (Tristan und Isolde) at
- Verdi video clip of stage production (Rigoletto) at and a clip of the film at
- Puccini video clip of stage production (Tosca) at
The post “Intrusions in Asia; Opera and Society and a Dilemma” appeared first on homeworkhandlers.com.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post “Intrusions in Asia; Opera and Society and a Dilemma” appeared first on nursing writers.
“Intrusions in Asia; Opera and Society and a Dilemma” was first posted on November 7, 2019 at 3:27 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"