All health care organizations must be aware of cost controls, regardless of nonprofit or for-profit status. Managing costs at all levels of the organization affects the bottom line, which has a direct effect on all aspects of the organization. This assignment is designed to help you analyze why organizational policies are put in place.
Find a health care delivery policy at a health care organization related to cost controls.
Summarize the details of the policy:
• When was the policy put in place?
• Was it adopted system-wide, in one department, or multiple departments?
• What does the policy address?
• What are potential ramifications of not following the policy at the organizational level? Unit level? Individual level?
Explain how the policy impacts fiscal aspects and the quality of care of the organization:
• How does the policy act as a cost control?
• Does the policy improve efficiency improve efficiency?
• Are the goals to improve care and reduce cost?
Explore the unintended consequences and alternatives to the policy:
• What secondary affects does the policy have on the organization? Unit? Staff? Patient?
• Does the policy need revision?
• In your opinion, is the policy the best way to address the issue? Support your position by explaining why or why not
Format your work in 6th edition APA style
Cite at least three peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years in an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
• 18- to 20-slide presentation
• 875-word paper