PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Using proper APA format, please write a response to each of the following questions that is two to three paragraphs in length. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
1. Name the four hormones involved in the regulation of the reproductive cycle. Where is each made, and what is the function of each?
2. Differentiate between spermatogenesis and oogenesis. How do these differences relate to the role of the male and female in reproduction?
3. Explain what occurs between the time of ovulation and the implantation of the fertilized egg into the uterus.
4. Describe and give the approximate length of each of the three stages of labor.
5. Explain how the DNA code is able to regulate the biochemistry of the cell.
6. Explain why men have more sex-linked disorders than women.
PART II: Case Study
Directions: Please answer each of the case study questions below. Ensure that your responses are detailed and that each response is at least one half of a page to one page in length. Please use proper APA format. If necessary, please cite any sources. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA and LIRN guidelines.
1. The human reproductive process depends on different multiple organs from both male and female reproductive systems performing key functions of the process. On the basis of your knowledge of reproductive organs, how do a vasectomy (blocking the vas deferens in the male) and tubal ligation (blocking the fallopian tubes in the female) work to interrupt the reproductive process?
2. Dana, a 24-year-old patient who is 5 weeks pregnant with her first child, is visiting the office for a routine checkup. She says that birth defects are common in her family, and she is concerned about the possibility that her baby will have defects as well. What should you tell her?
3. Kathleen’s husband has a brother who has phenylketonuria (PKU). They are anxious to start a family but are concerned about the possibility of having a child with PKU. Family members have indicated that it is a genetic disease that is inherited. Kathleen and her husband have decided to seek genetic counseling. What do you think the counselor might say?
The post Solution-Differentiate between spermatogenesis and oogenesis appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.