Please read this whole assignment before beginning.
The purpose of this assignment is threefold:
- Learn about the diversity of jobs related to astronomy
- Learn about the diversity of people studying astronomical subjects (Student Learning Outcome 3.2)
- Practice choosing reliable reference sources (Student Learning Outcome 7.1)
Write a report about an astronomer, astronaut, or rocket engineer. Many of these folks may go by different titles, such as astrophysicist. That’s okay, you can tell by what they study. Your report should be on someone studying or working on something space-related.
- The scientist or engineer you choose must be a minority in their field.
- I encourage you to choose someone who is currently working or recently retired rather than a person from history.
- You may NOT choose Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Stephen Hawking.
- When you have chosen your astronomer, please post to the discussion so that no one else chooses the same astronomer.
- You must check one of your sources by submitting the Evaluate Websites form.
- You will be peer reviewing two classmate’s papers. This peer review will be due two days after the assignment is due.
- This should be 1-2 pages long, and not a huge amount longer. Please focus on these topics:
- What do they research? How is their work relevant to the topics in this class?
- Where did they go to school, how long did they study? Anything else interesting about their pathway?
- Use at least two references other than the text.
- You may e-mail the astronomer directly. If you do so, please include their entire reply e-mail as an attachment to your submission, since a citation won’t help me check. Be warned, they might be busy and not reply to you in time.
Notes and Hints
Please read the attached rubric so you know how the paper will be graded.
You will also be reviewing two classmates’ papers, grading them according to the rubric, and giving suggestions as to what to change and what you found most interesting.
. WITH nursingassignment.org AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
The scientist or engineer you choose must be a minority in their field. I encourage you to choose someone who is currently working or recently retired rather than a person from history. was first posted on July 18, 2019 at 6:24 am.
©2019 “nursingassignment.org”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"