Assigned Culture: ______________________________________________________________________
Purpose: To recognize that individual culture does impact womans health care, communication, nutrition, and family influences that shape the families you are caring for.
Concept: Cultural Diversity
Objective: Write a paper regarding a culture and its impact on families, contraception, conception and birth.
Instructions: Create a cultural diversity paper.
1. This project is to a be written paper 5 pages in length APA format. These 5 pages include a cover page and a reference page.
2. Refer to Purnells’ Cultural Competency as a guide to assessing the patient in the identified culture from your Health Assessment course.
3. Is education valued, are boy children preferred over gril children? How do they view families? Is contraception allowed and who is involved in the decision making regarding birth control choices?
4. In an unintended pregnancy is adoption allowed? Is assisted reproductive technology accepted? What about donor sperm or surrogacy?
5. Who attends childbirth? Where do women have babies? What are the special practices employed to support the new mom and baby? Who in the family system makes decisions regarding the woman’s health?
6. What implications does culture present to the issues of womens’ health care?
See below ( 10 points)
Refer to Purnells’ Cultural Assesment Tool to address additional questions to enhance each section (See attached)
Description of requirement:
Total points with comments
Overview of culture that is not familiar to you.
a. Study and investigate the role of women in the culture you have chosen
b. Is education valued?
c. Is one gender preferred over another?
d. How does this culture view families?