THE LINK TO VIDEO
- POST Your images of your own hand made pots here
- Post your response to the discussion question with an example below,
- View the video on how to make a clay pinch pot and coil pot at the Lessons page(lesson 5).
This discussion focuses on both sculpture and craft . The chapter on sculpture gives much attention to a variety of contemporary sculptures and techniques. So let us focus a bit more on
So let us focus a bit more on craft, its history and contemporary practice, in this week’s discussion.
It is interesting that much contemporary “craft” work could “fit” in the chapters on painting or sculpture as well. This is an idea that might inform your thinking for this week’s discussion. Craft has not always been viewed as separate from fine art; although in the United States it was often viewed as “women’s work.”
- What historically differentiated craft from fine art?
- Why has the view of craft as “women’s work” in the U.S. evolved (what was the political context for this)?
Many artists/craftspeople today use traditional craft technique to make their work.
- Share an example of artwork that uses a traditional craft technique that you find interesting — from the textbook, online, or from personal experience — and discuss the ways in which this work is fine art.
Please justify your view, and post at least one image of the artwork.
Considering the subject matter and content of the work as well as the artist’s intention may be useful.
- Remember that for full credit you need to respond substantially to at least two classmates’ posts.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF SCULPEY CLAY AND A COIL POT,SEE LESSONS FOR A VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE A CLAY POT
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
What historically differentiated craft from fine art? was first posted on June 20, 2019 at 8:37 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com