1. Why does Warren criticize Thomson’s “violin-player” analogy? Do you think she makes a good case?
2. What are the two logical flaws Warren finds in the traditional “pro-life” argument?
3. What are Warren’s criteria for membership in the “moral community?” Do you agree that an entity which possesses none of them cannot be a person in the moral sense? Do you agree that fetuses possess none of them?
4. What does Warren claim about the relation between genetic humanity and personhood? Does she make a good case? Where do you find strength/weakness in her argument?
5. Do you get the impression that Warren takes late term abortion more seriously than early term abortion? Cite a passage to support your view.
6. What does Warren assert about the relation between potential personhood and the right to life?
7. Why does Warren think it is possible to both support late term abortion and oppose infanticide? Do you think she makes a good case? Explain.